The talk was broken down to several subcategories.
Understanding Yourself
Before we can grow, we need to understand where we are at right now. He drew a simple diagram on the board and let us evaluate where we stand. There are 4 factors: God, Self, Others, and Things.

To rate ourselves, we first evaluate how "developed" we are in each of the factors. Then, we connect the points to form an area. This area represents you and how much emphasis you put in each of the factors. We were then asked to rate ourselves. It is always very hard to evaluate ourselves this way. Then, I started to think about how much time I invest in each factor and I believe my diagram would look like this:

In my life, I think I thrive for knowledge and broadening my horizons the most. I spend most of my time learning or doing things I enjoy (choir, reading, wedding planning). On the other hand, I realized how little time I have left for others (God, church, fellowship, friends).
Intentional and Strategy
You may ask, so now what? Now that we know where we stand, we can then plan our intentions (where we want to go) and develop a strategy of how to get there. How do we enlarge the area that God intended for us?
Individualism
God made us all unique. This means that everyone will have a different area diagram - which is perfectly fine! However, we have to understand that we are all unique and have room for improvement.
The Power of Fellowship
God created fellowship for us is for exactly that. He wants us to teach each other how to "enlarge our area" and develop each other. As we grow together, we will get to know each other's strengths and weaknesses, and help others improve as well as developing ourselves. We can also pool our strengths together and serve God to the best of our ability. Isn't that so powerful?
Finding our Position
God has a purpose for everyone of us on Earth. How do we find it? What do we do to start? The speaker gave a good analogy. When we do archery, we have to first let go of the string in order for the bow to shoot at the target. Similarly, if we do not start serving God, how will we ever find out where God wants us to serve?
If you are interested in sharing your thoughts on this topic, please feel free to contact me! I might have left out some details.
No comments:
Post a Comment