11.15.2007

Incident at the Vancouver airport

Extremely disturbing news I heard this morning about a Polish gentleman's experience at the Vancouver airport. There is CBC's full report and watching the video (first link on the right) will give you a good idea of what the situation was like. Beware though, it is NOT a feel-good story. It disturbed me the whole day...so be prepared.


Link: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2007/11/14/bc-taservideo.html


I can't believe that we, as Canadians, known for being friendly and helpful, did not offer help to both the mom or the man at the airport. Instead, without trying to help the man find a translator (being the multicultural and harmonious Canada), the RCMP would use taser guns to settle the situation. There are many other methods they could have used!! To use taser guns right away shows lack of creative problem solving skills.

Anyways, I don't usually get angry like this but this is absolutely unbelievable. I'm sure sad news like this happens all the time, somewhere in the world. But if we make one piece of news known at a time, we can make a difference!

No comments: