4.03.2007

Non smelly durian??

I just read this newspaper article on Yahoo HK about a new discovery in Thailand. The agricultural scientists spent 30 years to develop a breed of durian that does not smell! As you know, durian is one of those love-or-hate foods because of its pungent smell. If you can get pass the smell, you will learn to savour every bite of this rich, creamy, delicious fruit!

The main purpose for the Thai people to research into this is because they want to introduce durian into the European market. I can't imagine how it will taste, but part of the delicious flavour is the strong smell! It might lose its character because of this.

If I have a chance, I would love to see this new breed!

http://hk.news.yahoo.com/070403/12/24x29.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Takes scientists 30 years to develop it and 10 years later the same scientists will tell you it will give you cancer.... but no one lives forever so enjoy while you can ;P